Tuesday 17 March 2015

Work till you're dead, the morning commute.

First the good news! My bike parts arrive today so at least I can begin to get it rebuilt (hooray!). Hopefully my jinx of breaking bikes is now at an end and I can get back riding.

                                    
                                                       Hope I don't break another one!

Which is the point, really. I sat in the car from 7:15 - 7:50 to do a 20 minute commute this morning (normal commuting time and in traffic), actually the commute takes 20-25 minutes by bike depending on how 'fresh' I feel. Before anyone asks I can't commute by bike (road) at the moment due to tutoring commitments after school. However as I sat in mental traffic I wish I was on the bike again.

This was my view this morning.


Not happy, also managed to forget my beard today.

Traffic was so bad I even caught Geoff.

In fact that is what get's me through the days at the moment. The next ride. work is well work but apparently there are plans to raise the pensionable age from 68 to 70. Even the much vaunted early retirement that teachers used to enjoy is gone now, replaced with heavy sanctions if you retire early - meaning a huge loss in pension.

I do enjoy my job, but I can't see myself still in a classroom at 70.

Would you want a 70 year old teaching your children science?

Didn't think so.

All makes everything as bit of a damp squib to be honest, which is exactly reflected in the weather.

Still being out on the trails would be awesome.


Wet and grim out there, still better than in here!

 Just to finish, a blast on the exercise bike does not count!

No comments:

Post a Comment