Tuesday 24 March 2015

Evening rides and other commitments.

An excellent article here got me thinking about riding to work and then extended rides home.

I will go back a second.

When I was committed more to riding than earning I would take a short, direct route to work and then ride home a longer more winding route. Often my route home would be roughly double the route in. This would give a nice ride to bookend my working day.

All done on skinny tires.

However lately I have been looking at maybe bringing the hardtail to work and then thrashing that back over the Kent Downs.

Or any off road I can find.

However the main issue with this idea is the fact that I have quite a lot of commitments after work on an evening - tutoring etc - plus the school calender throwing up late night finishes (parents evenings go on until 7).

I know that none of this will last and when the summer term rolls in the tutoring load gets lighter and the longer evenings will allow for more riding time.

However.

I am so impatient to get going. I took the BMX out briefly on Saturday and then followed up with the hardtail for another hour.

None of which, I am honest has fully satisfied me for the week ahead.

Maybe the answer is to ride much more at the weekend? Or to be more gnar? Or maybe to try somehow and squeeze extra rides in where I can.

I don't know, but I guess now it is getting brighter this is the time to try and find a solution.

Some how...

No comments:

Post a Comment