Saturday 14 March 2015

Missing the trails.

As I sit in a coffee shop having a healthy brunch before heading home to finish marking coursework I can't help but be jealous of Geoff.

He is off to Swinley forest this morning for a blast around the awesome trails there.

I am stuck ordering parts and waiting on delivery before attempting to fix my stricken bike.

I thought road biking would fix the need to be on two wheels. I thought that throwing myself back into the world of skinny tyres and Lycra would satisfy me.

I was wrong.

As I sit in jeans, converse and lumberjack shirt with my non-ironic beard and thick rimmed glasses (had both before hipsters) I feel every inch a frustrated XCer.

Which I guess is because I am. So much so that I was tempted to switch the wheels of the hardtail onto the spare road bike I have in the garden and have an old school blast around my local wood just to satisfy my needs.

Actually that doesn't sound too bad an idea...

In all seriousness though I do need to get this coursework marked today - attempts at being a professional teacher.

Maybe tomorrow though?

No comments:

Post a Comment