Saturday 9 August 2014

Get on your bikes and ride.

My friend sent me a text with the attached picture. It is so true! I am currently on a mini tour of old uni haunts in Yorkshire (Gods county) before heading to Corfu for a bit of summer sunshine.

One thing I have found myself doing now is assessing bikes when I see them. I developed a similar habbit when I was running a lot in that I would look at and assess peoples running styles (because obviously my gait is perfect).

However now I look at bikes; hybrids, roadies, expensive and cheap mountain bikes. Look at the frame, the make, the colours and the condition of the bikes.

It really feels odd to get excited by an old Dawes road bike chained up by the side of the road. Especially when its in slight disrepair. Same as I get frustrated when a nice mountain bike frame is ruined by cheap components.

All very odd.

Coming back to the image I find myself wanting to ride my bike much more than I actually end up riding. Something I must find a way around soon.

Somehow.

Cycling to work is definitely a way around this. Getting a bike rack so I can take the mountain bike out easier. Although the biggest issue is getting bikes through the house.

If only our back gate was a proper access point and not an awkward gate forcing the transport of bikes through our narrow house.

Those are just excuses though.

No comments:

Post a Comment